Here’s the thing. You’re not the only one who buys the PLR. Dozens, even hundreds, of people buy the same stuff that you buy. They get the same articles and the same e-book that you get. So how do you stand out? How do you make your PLR unique?
Here are some tips.
Make it look different.
One way to make your PLR unique is to make it look different. Change the graphics of an e-book or the cover of a short report. If you have the skills to make the cover or graphics yourself, more power to you. If not, you can outsource it to a freelancer on Fiverr or Upwork.
Edit it to give it your own inimitable style.
A PLR pack gives you a great framework. The PLR writer has already done the research, set out the thoughts, and created the logical flow of the piece. You can leave all of that work there, and just go through it and make it sound like you.
Add your own personality. Use your own vocabulary. Say it the way you would say it.
Add or subtract material. If you have a true life story or a helpful example, weave it into the pre-written content. On the other hand, if you disagree with something, edit it out. Replace it with something better.
Change the format.
You can take a piece of PLR in one format and turn it into another format. I can give you some examples of this approach but chances are that you’ll be able to think of something that doesn’t occur to me. By being creative with your changes to the format, you’ll make your PLR unique.
But here are some suggestions for changing the format.
- Take a pack of articles, piece them together, and make a short report or e-book.
- Go the other way. Take an e-book or short report and break it up into blog posts, articles, or an e-mail series.
- Take an article that has a format like . . . well, let’s see . . . just to use an example, 5 ways to make your PLR unique. Turn it into an infographic. You can do that yourself if you have the skills. If you don’t, outsource it.
- Change a written word product into a video or audio product. To do that, make a PowerPoint document from the material in a short report. Then create an audio file of someone reading it. (Yet another thing you can outsource if you don’t have the skills.) Connect the audio with the PowerPoint and you’ve got a video. Or just take the audio file and publish it as a podcast.
- Give it some thought. You’ll find a way to use the PLR products that you have in a way that is all yours.
Publish a Kindle book.
Start with a PLR e-book and make the edits that will make it your own. You may even take a couple of e-books on the same topic and massage them together to make a longer, richer e-book.
Give it a new title, make a new cover, format the e-book for Kindle and publish it on Kindle Direct Publishing. Amazon will back you up with a lot of marketing muscle. You’ll reach an enormous world-wide audience if you do this.
If you don’t do anything else to make your PLR unique, at least brand it with your own company or personal identity. PLR won’t come with a by-line so be sure to add your name as the author. Add an “about the author” paragraph. Close your content with a call to action: an opt-in, a sales pitch for your other products, or an invitation to join a Facebook page. And be sure to change any links to your own affiliate links.
You can find a way to make your PLR unique even if you purchase a very popular product that has scads of other purchasers. These are some of the ways you can do it.